“The limited liability corporation is the greatest single discovery of modern times. Even steam and electricity are less important than the limited liability company."
-N. M Butler, President Columbia University (quoted by A. L. Diamond in Orhnial (ed.), Limited Liability and the Corporation (Law Society of Canada, 1982) p. 42.
Advising businesses and consumers makes up the majority of our practice. We advise on all commercial transactions within a diverse area of law.
Setting up a new business? We advise on all aspects involving:
- start ups and company registration
- structuring and advising on appropriate forms of entities
- Drafting of Articles of Association
- Shareholder agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Board Meetings and Minutes (and chairing)
- Terms and Conditions
The structure of your business is a vital medium to enable you to correctly conduct business through . The correct legal structure will provide protection allowing you to achieve your commercial aims.
- articles of association
- taking security
- joint ventures
- shareholder agreements
- affiliation and collaboration agreements
- directors duties and service agreements
- employee share schemes
- employee incentives and workplace benefits
- company policies
Agreements are inevitable to do business and it is important that one is protected adequately and aware of their rights and obligations.
From rules on transfer of title and risk, to insurance obligations, damages provisions and jurisdiction clauses, it is important that a contract is able to continue to operate even when the unexpected happens, in order to achieve your commercial aims, therefore it is essential that professional advice is sought to deal with drafting and interpreting your contracts.
Carrying on business online poses its own risks. In a global marketplace it is important to be aware of and protected from the laws and regulations of each jurisdiction in which you do business.
It is important to ensure you and your customers are sufficiently protected online when doing business.
- terms of business
- GDPR and data protection
- drop shipping and logistics
- service level agreements and media agency agreements
- SEO and digital marketing agreements
- IP copyright and trademark infringement
- defamation and libel on social media
- cease and desist
- cross-border issues
- distance selling and implied terms
Our corporate and commercial work is at the heart of the practice. We look to give advice tailored to our client's particular needs and have experience advising on a range of corporate matters.
See more here.
To speak to someone on our commercial team contact us on below or make an enquiry
t: +(0)151 294 4722